December 16 – Friendship How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)
I can’t say it enough that people are put into your life for a reason and sometimes removed from it just the same. I used to have a lot of friends growing up. Over time this has changed, but the quality of friendships that I have been able to establish has been better. This year I learned a lot about people whom I thought were good friends. Sometimes you find yourself forcing relationships whether it is with family, friends or romantic involvements. If you are not comfortable being yourself around someone then maybe it just isn’t meant to be. A friend won’t hurt you or make you feel like you need to change your ways for them. They’ll accept who or what you are and ride with you always. They won’t care that you complain to much or cry too much or hurt too much. They will be there for you in all of the times that you are doing those things.
It’s not always about the length of time that you have been in that relationship. I’ve known people for over 10 years who’ve treated me like shit, and then there are those who I’ve just recently met who’ve treated me like a queen. If there is one lesson that I learned from friendship in 2010 it has been that you have to be willing to give 100% or nothing at all. When you start feeling like a person is only worth 50% then it’s just time to walk away from it. The friends that I have now know me inside and out. I am not afraid to be me and they are not afraid to be them. This is how I like it, this is how it should be, this is how it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment