Friday, December 3, 2010

Here’s to Wishful Thinking…

Everything is telling me to run, turn around, don’t open that door because there’s nothing but hurt at the other side. As if it was a train wreck I just can’t turn my head, as much as I tell myself not to go there something about you keeps pulling me in.
I’ve been trying to find something wrong with you, a flaw major enough to kill whatever desires lie inside me. I haven’t found it as hard as I’ve been trying it’s like everything you do and everything you are saying is what I want, need to hear.
You are everything that he wasn’t, everything that I didn’t know I’d want. You respect me; you make me feel beautiful, warm, and excited to be me again. You brought out the smile that I thought was gone forever.
You’re so patient and honest; you show emotion and don’t make me feel bad for showing mines. You’re not perfect, but neither am I. We have flaws, but they’re not our focus.
I can’t do this; everything is telling me that, but God I want so bad to ignore that and just go with the moment.
Everything is telling me that this won’t end well, when all I want to hear is that it won’t end EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment