Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In a Perfect World

If life were perfect, you would be everything on my list and more. You’d have perfect skin, straight white teeth, and a face that made hearts melt including mine. Hands strong enough to fix the leaky pipes or the broken down car, yet soft enough to wipe a single tear with your finger and let me know it would be okay.

If life were perfect, I would be in love with you. I would love your smile, your laugh, and your embrace. Your kisses would be soft and sweet, your touch would mean safety and your words reassurance.
If life were perfect you would be smart and silly, tough with a soft side, independent & dependant. You would treat me like your queen and our daughter like your princess. If life were perfect you’d be okay with me having a career, but would still give me the option to stay at home. You’d buy me flowers, just because and balloons on my birthday.
If life were perfect we would see Paris, Italy, Greece and Hawaii. We’d also see Tennessee, Kansas, Texas & Oregon, because we’d fine beauty in all of these places.
If life was perfect we’d go see a chick flick and then stay to watch an action movie. You’d love that I was girly, but knew how to take care of myself. I would love that you were rugged yet domesticated.
If life were perfect we’d both know and love God. We’d always put our lord first and we’d pray as a family. If life were perfect I’d never be sad because even after a long day at work I’d be able to smile at seeing your face & hearing your voice. If life were perfect we’d never go to bed angry and we would be married until our days were gray.
If life were perfect, we’d be perfect for each other.
Life isn’t perfect! But i'd be willing to work on our imperfections as long as your willing to accept my flaws :)

No comments:

Post a Comment