Monday, April 19, 2010

No Fear

Why is it that as we get older we begin to fear so many things in life? Some fears like monsters under the bed, fear of separation and not having friends at your new school go away with time. As you get older you realize that some things are not real and others you control. Other understandable fears like the fear of God or the fear of dying will stay with us all our lives. These things are inevitable, but shake you at the thought of its possibility, these things you don't necessarily fear, you respect.
It is the simple things like taking a chance, falling in love, or moving to a new place that bother me. Why is it that most of us are afraid to take chances or better, why are we so afraid to fail?
My fears have recently become like chains. These chains have gotten tighter in the past few years and I'm starting to feel like I can't breathe. My throat gets tighter each time I think about taking a step outside of my box, the tears well up, and that little person on my shoulder tells me to take a step back instead of forward so that I will feel better. But I don't feel better, I feel worse, even more now I feel like I've failed.
I can't live in fear, not if I believe, not if I have faith, and not when I know that God will take care of me and never gives me more than I can handle. Where did I learn these fears? Why do I feel like this? Where is the once confident girl who feared nothing, no one and took chances?
I wasn't afraid for the nine months that I was pregnant, the doctor visits were easy, planning was fun and even her delivery was a breeze, but when it was time to take her home, I wasn't as sure as I had once been about being a good mom, but I got over it.
I was afraid to start over in school, wasn't sure I could hang for two more years, not sure I could deal with work, school & parenting. Again I got over it, I have less than a year to go before I finish and I’m excited at the possibilities.
I want to write, love to write, but I am afraid to let anyone read it. I want to sing, love to sing, but I am afraid to let anyone hear me. I want to date, I’m tired of being alone, but I am afraid to let anyone love me, I am afraid to love anyone.
I don’t want to be afraid anymore, I want to take chances, and I want to live…
But I am afraid that I will fail! How and most importantly when Will I Get Over This?
Nana-






No comments:

Post a Comment